Sunday, October 18, 2009

Price to pay

After a long time.

Finally, I have the privilege to hear my uncle (Ps Charlie) preached again last Sat. The sermon was good. Uncle Vinsky told me that his preaching has rise up to another level since the last time he heard him preached in Church (SIBKL) few years back. And I absolutely agree with him. I hope I can preach like him one day.

Ps Charlie was sharing about his testimony, how did he came to know Jesus, his suffers of poverty in his childhood, how he found his security in God, and his fear for God.

His fear for God of punishments and judgment of wrong doing, its an wake up message to me. Whoever does wrong deserve punishment and judgment.

There is a PRICE TO PAY.

I finally realized that I'm paying the price of my mistake instead asking God why putting me in such a position/situation or looking out the window find someone to blame. I am just gonna deal with myself and allow God to correct me and mold me in the mess.

AND i shall give thanks to the LORD for He is Good. His love endures forever

Ephesians 2:3-5 tell us that "All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved."
  • Mercy is not getting what you do deserve / withheld punishment
  • Grace is getting what you don't deserve / unmerited favor
His grace is sufficient for us, for his power is made perfect in our weakness.

We shall fix our eyes and focus on God. Not the problems. There is no problem too big for God to fix.

The devil came to kill, steal and destroy but Jesus came to revive, redeem and restore.

We do not deserve, but with his unconditional love for us, he sacrificed his life and paid the price on that Cross for our sins/my sins as a ransom of our lives/my life.




If you are not safe by God' grace today, I pray that you will come to know my friend (Jesus) one day. John 3:16

No comments: