Monday, October 12, 2009

SAXOPHONE

God is Good. All the time.

I praise God and by the grace of God, I know how to play couple of instruments by now. My passion for music has grown since I started performing in a band 3 years ago (it was my childhood's dream). Blessed with a vocal teacher for training me more than one and a half years.

With that honor and privilege that God has blessed me, I am worship leader today. Guitar is like my next best friend. We do things together. He accompany me when i was upset, we worship God together, he helps me to be creative at times, worship lead with me drawing people into the presence of God, celebrates with me for the victories and he never fail to lift me up when I was down. I love my guitar.

The next instrument that I really wish to play it well one day.

Its Saxophone.

I have the passion for saxophone since when I was in high school. I some how, just really fall in love with Sax. I love the sound, the body, and I think it is absolutely SEXY :)

Sax has a sweet and smooth Jazz sound . It can be very relaxing, and help focus to the listeners. Some people say Sax produces a sound that is very close to the sound of the human voice, because of that, they produce such an emotional charged sound.(correct me if I'm wrong)

Honestly, I have no idea how to play the Saxophone as for now. I have tried playing the flute, and it took me quite awhile just to learn how to blow the sound out technically. And I believe it is not easy for Sax.

Saxophone
PERSONALITY: Mellow
IMPRESSION: both brass and woodwind instrument

159 years ago, Saxophone was invented in Belgium by a guy name Adolphe Sax in 1840.

Fingering system similar to both clarinet and flute.

The sound is produced from a reed made of cane, held on the mouthpiece by a ligature. Your air causes this vibration which goes through the horn.

There are four major type of saxophones which are alto, tenor, baritone and soprano

Good brands for saxophone are Yamaha, Keilwerth, Selmer, and Yanagisawa.

However, with that excitement, I am looking for the day to come.

No comments: